Peanut Butter Krispies Bars
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 4mins
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- In large glass bowl, combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Microwave about 3 minutes or till sugar is dissolved.
- Blend in peanut butter; stir in cereal.
- Pat evenly into buttered 11x7x2-inch pan.
- In small glass bowl, microwave butter or margarine and brown sugar for 45 seconds or till melted.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Stir in powdered sugar; beat till smooth.
- Spread over peanut butter-cereal mixture.
- Chill till firm.
- Cut into small bars.
- Makes 4 dozen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were so good that I ate myself silly! The only problem that I did have with them is that the icing didn't come out with just 1 Tbsp of milk. I had to add about an additional 1/4 cup to the Tbsp because the icing was way too pasty and not spreadable BUT I didn't sift the powdered sugar either so that may have been why it turned out like that. I forgot to sift the powdered sugar because I was in a hurry to make them. Guess I need to pay a little better attention to what I am doing :) I will make this again and again. They were just absolutely wonderful. Thank you, Bev.
Yummy! these bars are just delicious Bev! I took Myth Thyng's advise and doubled the recipe, using a 13x9 inch baking pan...made as directed using butter. Left out the frosting, there just great without it. I gave some away to my DS, he loved them, and kept some for myself and Dh, we love peanut butter! Thanks for posting Bev, great bars!...Kitten:)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.