Peanut Butter Cookies With Cayenne
These have a little heat but are not blow your head off hot. The pepper just adds a new depth of flavor that we found very pleasant.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix the butter and the sugar until creamy.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, cayenne, salt, and baking soda and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix it inches.
- Add the flour, 1/4 cup at a time till all incorporated.
- Form into 1 inch balls and flatten slightly before placing on the cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Here's where you make that criss-cross design with the fork if you want.
- Bake 8 or so minutes for chewy cookies, a bit longer for crunchy cookies.
- Cool on rack when done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation