Peachy Soy Ice Cream
photo by Ang11002
- Ready In:
- 3 cups silk soymilk (Vanilla or Organic Plain)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peaches or 1 1/2 cups frozen peaches, sliced
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup soy oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy lecithin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 whole vanilla bean
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- If using a whole vanilla bean, split it down the sides and halve it lengthwise. Scrape out the insides and use the inner vanilla bean scrapings for flavoring (Do not use the bean casing).
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth and creamy (see notes about peaches and sugar).
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker instructions.
- NOTES: If you prefer chunks of peaches, chop the peaches separately and fold into the soymilk mixture just before freezing. I chopped about 1/3 cup and put the rest in the blender and it gave it a delicious flavor.
- If you use the vanilla soy milk, you will probably want to use significantly less than 1 cup of sugar. I used 1/2 cup and it was perfect. I would recommend starting with 1/2 cup whichever soy milk you use and adding more as you deem necessary.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a real estate agent in the lovely city of Rochester, New York. That's not what I expected to do with my life. I got my bachelor's in psychology, my masters in literacy education, and I taught high school special education for two years. Then I discovered that helping people find the homes of their dreams was my real passion. I've been doing it for over two years now and still absolutely love my career. Other than that, I have a very spoiled Border Collie mix named Bear that I adopted from a local shelter in spring '08. He's gorgeous and fun and brings me great joy. Now if only I could find a man like that... LOL!