Peach Orange Jam
This is another recipe I would like to make in the future as the flavours appeal to me. It seems pretty straightforward. Make sure you wash the fruit well as you won't be peeling it. NOTE: Prep time does not include time it takes to prepare jars.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 12 peaches
- 3 oranges
- sugar, equal in volume to prepared fruit
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- Cut peaches in small pieces, leaving skins on.
- Squeeze juice from oranges & add to peaches.
- Grind oranges (both pulp & rind) in a food processor. Add to peaches.
- Measure the total amount of fruit and add an equal amount of sugar.
- Cook over "medium" heat until the mixture starts to thicken. This will probably take 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in amaretto, cooking until jel stage (coats a spoon).
- Stir in the almonds.
- Pour into hot, sterlized jars & seal.