Peach Mustard Pork Chops
photo by Jencathen
- Ready In:
1 Pork chop
- 4 pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- safflower oil or corn oil, for brushing
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Peach Mustard Barbecue Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup peach jam or 3/4 cup preserves
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
Peach Mustard Barbecue Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and boil until almost completely reduced and the mixture looks like wet sand, about 4 minutes.
- Whisk in both mustards and the jam or preserves.
- Simmer, whisking, until jam melts, about 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the bourbon and salt.
- Prepare an outdoor grill with a high heat for both direct and indirect grilling. Position a drip pan under the grate on the cooler side of the grill.
- Brush the pork chops on both sides with oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Grill the chops over the heat until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Move them to the cool side of the grill and brush with some of the Peach-Mustard BBQ Sauce.
- Cook the chops, covered, turning and basting with sauce every 5 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted crosswise into the chops registers 140 degrees F, about 15 minutes more.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Busy working Mom and student.