Pea Pod Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- soy sauce
- 4 stalks celery, cut diagonally
- 2 (6 ounce) packages frozen pea pods, thawed
- 1 large red peppers or 1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package chow mein noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground chuck with onion,1/2 t.
- garlic powder, ginger and soy sauce to taste.
- Drain well.
- Place meat mixture in a 13x9 pan.
- Place celery over meat mixture.
- Place pepper strips over celery.
- Place pea pods over pepper strips.
- Mix the soup, 1 T.
- soy sauce, 1 t.
- garlic powder and milk.
- Blend well.
- Pour evenly over meat and vegetables.
- Bake in over for 40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Evenly place chow mein noodles over casserole and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with freshly steamed rice and soy sauce to pass.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We liked this but no one really loved it. It was something different and had a good taste but no one was crazy about the chow mein noodles on top. We also thought it needed salt and pepper. I'm sure it was just my family's taste, it is a good recipe just not a favorite of my family. I followed the recipe exactly as written.