photo by Debby A.
- Ready In:
24 individual servings
- Place pork, garlic and beer in a storage bag, squeeze out as much air as you can and seal.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours, over night works the best. I have even frozen at this point and taken out of freezer the day before making.
- Drain liquid from meat.
- Skewer cubed pork on wooden skewers leaving 1 inch at bottom, squeeze meat tightly together. Place a cookie sheet and continue until all meat has been used.
- Prepare 3 stations, 1 with flour, 1 with eggs for egg wash and 1 with bread crumbs, paprika, dill, salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean celery and place it rib side down in a roaster or large pan.
- Put oil in a large skilled 2 inches deep.
- Dredge skewers in flour and shake off excess, then in egg wash and then in bread crumb mixture squeezing bread crumb tightly around meat.
- Fry a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and then flip to do the other side. Add more oil if and when you need to.
- Place on the bed of celery in you roaster or pan. Continue until all skewers have been fried. You can place skewers on top of each other if you do not have enough room for only 1 layer.
- Bake in pre heated oven for 60 to 90 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!