Pasta with Spicy Garlic Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 carrot, very thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped grilled bell pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g pasta, shapes (penne, bow-ties, etc.)
- 1 cup cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (spicy chili paste)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil the pasta in enough water according to the instructions on the package.
- A few minutes after you started the pasta, start cooking the onion in the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the garlic and carrot and continue to cook over a medium-low flame for another 5 minutes or so.
- Add the zucchini and grilled peppers and continue to cook.
- Add the spices (pepper and oregano).
- Meanwhile, drain the pasta in a colander.
- Add it to the vegetables in the saucepan and stir to mix.
- Pour in the cream and add the 2 tsp.
- of sambal (chili paste) and stir to blend and cover.
- Serve topped with a bit of parmesan cheese.
Join The Conversation
This was delicious!! I didn't have any cream, so after sauteeing the veggies, I just added a dab of butter and a tablespoon of flour, let it cook out for a minute and poured in some skim milk. It was awesome!! I made it with chicken and prosciutto tortellini's. It had the perfect amount of spice and I will definitely make this one again!