Pasta With Broccoli, Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
- Ready In:
- Cook broccoli pieces over steaming water, or boil until tender crisp.
- Sauté garlic in oil in a large frying pan until lightly brown.
- Add pine nuts, chilli powder and tomatoes, and simmer over medium heat for ten minutes.
- Stir in the cooked broccoli.
- Keep warm until pasta is cooked.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, then drain.
- Mix sauce with pasta and serve with fresh parsley.
- Source: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto p.83.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Help create a healthier, greener, more peaceful world! The Veggie Challenge is all going meat-free as a trial for one week. We make it easy! By signing up, you will receive delicious recipe ideas, easy meal solutions, nutrition info, new product tips and other valuable advice to help you along the way. You could even win some fantastic prizes such as cookbooks and dinners at vegetarian restaurants! Going veggie is easy. We provide information about veggie convenience foods, where to eat out, basic vegetarian meal ideas, shortcuts to vegetarian cooking, recipes and meal plans. I am one of the volunteers that helps run the Veggie Challenge. I pretty much follow a vegan diet for many reasons, but the environment is one of the main ones. At one point I edited a popular cookbook called Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto.