- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup muenster cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup cooked diced bacon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In heavy skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add green bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until tender.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat together eggs with milk, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Add pasta to egg mixture and stir gently.
- Add egg mixture to skillet; arrange pasta in an even layer.
- Cook egg mixture over medium heat, lifting sides occasionally to let uncooked egg flow underneath. When egg mixture is almost set but still very moist, after about 5-8 minutes, top with diced tomatoes, bacon, and muenster or swiss cheese.
- If using a pan that is not oven safe, cover the handle with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place pan in the oven, and cook for 10-12 minutes until frittata is puffed, set, and beginning to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges; serve immediately.
- Serves 6.
Join The Conversation
This is an excellent way to use up those leftover spaghetti noodles (you know you all make too many noodles on spaghetti night, don't deny it :) I also had some leftover bacon in the fridge when I created this dish, so I added that too. This meal can be for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!! Have some fun with it by adding whatever else you want...maybe some chopped spinach, grated carrots, chopped broccoli, top with some salsa before serving....the possibilities are endless!!