Salmon Trilogy (Part IIl): Gravad Salmon Pasta Frittata
photo by Thorsten
- Ready In:
- Cook spaghetti al dente according to package directions. Only drain spaghetti, do not rinse.
- Remove as much marinade as possible from Gravad Salmon. If very salty, rinse slightly and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut Salmon into bite-sized pieces.
- Put eggs, milk and cream into a small bowl and mix. Add Salmon and pepper. Mix.
- In an oven-proofed pan (10 inch in diameter and hight enough) cook onion in olive oil on medium high heat until soft, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- If necessary: cut Green Beans into pieces.
- Add Green Beans, Spaghetti and Salmon-milk-mixture to onions and mix well. NOTE: The Frittata will not be stirred during cooking. So this mixture should have the "final look".
- Cover pan with a lid or aluminium foil and cook for 25 minutes on low heat. Do not stirr. The border of the Frittata should become dry (like an omelet).
- Meanwhile preheat Grill in oven (480 F, 250 C).
- After cooking, remove lid from pan and put Frittata under Grill. Bake Frittata until surface is cooked and slightly brown coloured (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Take Frittata out of the oven and let set for 5 minutes.
- Detach Frittata from the pan. Invert Frittata over a plate larger than the pan and let Frittata slid onto plate.
- Cut Frittata in wedges and serve with a green salad.
- VARIATIONS: You can also use canned Salmon or Thuna for this recipe, but you have add salt to taste. You can replace Green Beans by peas. You can use any other Pasta.
- NOTE: Salmon Trilogy, Part I (Potato baked Salmon, #127652), Part II (Gravad Salmon, #127934).
- NOTE: Cooking time for Spaghetti is not included.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!