- Ready In:
- 2 -3 lbs hamburger
- 4 medium chili peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- Heat oil in the bottom of a large soup pot.
- Add ground hamburger, onion, chili peppers, and bell peppers.
- Once meat is cooked through, add Italian diced tomatoes and all spices.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, and kidney beans and simmer for another 20 minutes on low heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Retired, former teacher of Chinese cooking, caterer of Chinese banquets and restaurateur.