Overnight Strawberry-Banana French Toast
- Ready In:
- 5 eggs, beaten or 1 1/4 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 1-inch slices
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole strawberries
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- cinnamon sugar (a 2 to 1 mixture of sugar and cinnamon)
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract and baking powder. Pour over bread to soak; turn to coat well. Cover.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix frozen strawberries, bananas and sugar in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Top with soaked bread slices.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I added 2 tblsps oil to grease the pan to prevent sticking.Then I reversed layers,soaked french toast,added 1 large pkg strawberry banana jello sprinkled dry afterplacing in pan, then thawed strawberries with spiced sugar.(I didn't have bananas) 400 35 min . Now a keeper!Let set about 10 minutes before cutting in squares.Everything goes in pan before chilling. The ease of making is nice. make,chill overnight and bake. The french toast puffs up, similiar to bread pudding. No need for syrup. Gone in minutes!You can also substitute dry cherry jello and cherry pie filling instead of frozen strawberries. Thanks for the starter recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a real estate agent in the lovely city of Rochester, New York. That's not what I expected to do with my life. I got my bachelor's in psychology, my masters in literacy education, and I taught high school special education for two years. Then I discovered that helping people find the homes of their dreams was my real passion. I've been doing it for over two years now and still absolutely love my career. Other than that, I have a very spoiled Border Collie mix named Bear that I adopted from a local shelter in spring '08. He's gorgeous and fun and brings me great joy. Now if only I could find a man like that... LOL!