Orzo With Shrimp, Feta Cheese, & White Wine
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This dish is a wonderful combination of flavors and easy to make too.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Brush 11x7-inch glass baking dish with oil.
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain well and return orzo to same pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 cup feta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and 2 tablespoons basil; stir to blend.
- Arrange orzo mixture in prepared dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté until slightly pink, about 2 minutes (shrimp will not be cooked through).
- Arrange shrimp atop orzo.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to same skillet.
- Add garlic and sauté over medium-high heat 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes with juice; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, oregano, crushed red pepper, and remaining 1/4 cup basil.
- Simmer uncovered until reduced to thick sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper; spoon over shrimp.
- Bake orzo until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup feta cheese and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION