Oriental Chicken Soup
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 teaspoons liquid chicken bouillon concentrate
- 3 cups water
- 2⁄3 lb chicken breast, cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup soya sauce
- chili powder
- 4 teaspoons grilled sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat oil in a dutch oven and cook red pepper.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute until done 3 to 4 minutes;you might need to increase the heat up a little higher.
- Stir in bouillion concentrate and water and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes or until done.
- Stir in soya sauce,onions,chili powder and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Beeks this is a fabulous tasty soup but I have sent in a query to Zaar about the amount of water - 3 cups seems very little for the amount of veggies and the amount of liquid chicken boullion. with this amount of water it would recult ina very dense small portion for six persons. If this is an error and the recipe is changed I will rewrite the review. I adapted it to 4 sevings and it was perfect
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm Native American and live on a reserve. I love any thing that has to do with food from recipe collecting to grocery shopping. I'll try just about any food once. Right now I work in a sports store so when I'm not busy I'm always here on the Zaar.I have a lot of cookbooks that I've collected over the years but I don't use them much anymore because I'd rather do recipes here!