Oreo Ice Cream Tartufo
photo by GingerPeach
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 pints chocolate ice cream
- 15 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed, pureed and strained
- fresh raspberry (for garnish)
- Using a 1 1/2 cup ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream into 6 balls; roll in chopped cookies.
- Place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet; cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat chocolate chips and oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Place ice cream balls on wire rack.
- Ladle 2 tablespoons melted chocolate over each ball, coating the top and sides.
- Freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Spoon raspberry sauce into dessert dishes or onto serving plates.
- Cut each tartufo in half or quarters; arrange on top of sauce.
- Garnish with raspberries.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Outstanding recipe. I made these a week before I was to serve them and everyone loved them. I forgot to buy the raspberries so I used strawberry sauce recipe # 161504 instead. This is a great dessert that can be made ahead of time. There are a number of steps in making the dessert, but each one is very simple. I would recommend this to anyone. Thanks for a crowd pleasing recipe.
Wonderful crowd pleaser - and incredibly easy! To make the cookie crumbs, I put some cookies in a zip-lock back and then mashed them with the bottom of a jar. I don't have an ice-cream scoop but I pressed ice-cream into little ramekins to get it into shape... I'm sure there are endless ways you can personalize this recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the beautiful, rainy northwest. I'm currently working as a CNA taking care senors with mental illness. I love cooking and would like someday to own my own resturant. My passions include photography, cooking, reading and of course, shoping. I enjoy swiming and hiking.