Orange, Thyme, & Pumpkin Soup
- Ready In:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic and pumpkin and cook for 2 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the boiling vegetable or chicken stock, orange rind and juice, and 2 tablespoons of the thyme to the pan.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Place the mixture in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and add the milk.
- Reheat the soup for 3-4 minutes, or until it is piping hot, but not boiling.
- Sprinkle with the remaining fresh thyme just before serving.
- Serve with lots of fresh crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!