photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces ground beef or 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or (6 ounce) jar drained sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces dried spaghetti, broken
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan cook the ground beef, fresh mushrooms (if using), onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain.
- Stir in the canned mushrooms (if using), broth, water, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Bring to boiling. Add the broken spaghetti, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 17 to 20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender and sauce is desired consistency, stirring frequently. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I bought a cookbook from BH&G and I saw this recipe. And you already posted it. I had to try it. It's a great basic recipe. But something was missing. Probably more spices. I used beef broth. I used whole-wheat spaghetti. Next time I'll probably try plain spaghetti. I topped mine with mozzarella and broiled it. Thanks for posting it :)