Olive Oil with Rosemary and Pink Peppercorns
From Aglaia Kremezi. Use this oil to season steamed potatoes and grilled meat, poultry or fish. 1-2 weeks standing time.
- Ready In:
- Rinse and dry the rosemary branches.
- Place them in a clean and absolutely dry 2-cup bottle with the peppercorns.
- Fill with the olive oil.
- Cover and keep in a cool, dark place for a week, shaking from time to time, before using.
- This oil will keep for 3-6 months stored in a cool, dark place.
- Note: Taste the oil at the end of the week.
- If you want a stronger flavour, pass the oil through a sieve, discard the rosemary and peppercorns, and repeat the procedure using fresh rosemary and peppercorns.
- Leave the herbs and spices in the bottle as you use the oil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this for Think Pink 2011 after seeing the pictures of Rita`'s post...beautiful. I am waiting for the flavors to meld so I will be back but am soooo glad Rita` says it is delish. There are so many uses for this I am getting excited...plus so easy to put together. Will make for wonderful Christmas gifts or even a housewarming gift. I am back (forgot to post the finished review) and I am making more of this for a few Christmas gifts. This has a light taste of the peppercorns and rosemary...very tasty. Thank you for posting.