Olive, Ham and Cheese Bread
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 115 ml olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 100 g pancetta, finely cubed
- 150 ml white wine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 250 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g cooked ham, chopped
- 100 g black olives, pitted, sliced into rings
- 100 g green olives, pitted, sliced into rings
- 150 g swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- Sauté onion in 15 ml (1 tbs) olive oil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add pancetta and continue to sauté for 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- Mix and combine white wine, olive oil (100 ml) and eggs.
- Add the flour mixed with baking powder, mix and combine.
- Add onion and pancetta, ham, black and green olives, grated cheese and parsley. Mix and combine.
- Pour the mixture into the bread pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes at 180°C (toothpick test).
- When done, let the loaf cool for 10 minutes. Take it out of the pan and transfer to a serving tray. Cut into slices thick to your liking. Serve with cherry tomatoes, radishes, green onions or green salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!