Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce.
- Ready In:
- 3 quarts heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb real butter
- 16 ounces ground parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In double boiler, melt butter. Add garlic--do not let brown. Add pepper, milk, and cream. Bring up to 185 degrees.
- Stir fast with whisk while shaking in parmesan. Continue whisking until it's a smooth sauce.
- For thicker sauce, add more parmesan or even grated romana.
- (Does not reheat well and is thrown out after three hours at the "Garden".).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is soo good! I diced and sauteed some boneless chicken breasts, and served the sauce over fetticini and cooked chicken. I heated up some freezer section garlic breadsticks and really felt like I was eating at Olive Garden. I only used 4 0z of the cream cheese but increased the amount of grated parmesan. A definite new "go to" recipe. Even my picky children and husband oohed and awed.
This tasted just like the Olive Garden however, like others said it was a bit thin, added more cheese and it was fabulous. I found it a tiny bit gritty when reheated. It also separates as it is reheated but can be whisked back to a good consistency, and the flavor the next day is outstanding as well.
see 2 more reviews