Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 5 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup warm 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Combine the milk, butter, salt, and pepper in a large bowl., Add potato; let stand for 5 minutes or until butter melts.
- Beat the potato mixture with a mixer at high speed until smooth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.