Old-Fashioned Goodness Cracked Wheat Bread(Bread Machine)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Keep the cracked wheat or bulgur from coming into contact with the water before mixing. Cracked wheat and bulgur quickly absorb water, resulting in a shorter and heavier loaf.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 45mins
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup cracked wheat or 1/2 cup bulgur
- 3⁄4 teaspoon bread machine yeast or 3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- Measure the ingredients into the baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Insert pan into the oven chamber.
- Select Whole Wheat Cycle.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION