Old Fashioned Beef Stew for Crockpot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From PB199 Easy Weeknight Meals pamphlet
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 15mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 carrots, medium, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 red potatoes, medium, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen pearl onions (from 16 oz pkg)
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups v- 8 vegetable juice
- 3 tablespoons tapioca, quick cooking
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Add beef; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until browned.
- In 3 1/2 or 4 qt Crock-Pot, combine browned beef and all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 9 to 10 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION