Okinawa Somen With Salted Pork and Kimchi
photo by Pearl Ishizaki
- Ready In:
- Heat a pan using medium heat then add half a tablespoon of sesame oil. Add the bean sprouts then stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes or until it is cooked. Add a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Chop the garlic chives into small pieces then slice the cucumber into thin strips.
- Slice the salted pork into thin pieces.
- Cook the somen noodles according to package's instruction. Drain then immediately rinse it with cold running water to stop the cooking process. Drain then toss half a tablespoon of sesame oil to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Put the somen noodles in a deep plate. Top it with the garlic chives, cooked bean sprouts, kimchi, cucumber and the salted pork. Pour some of the pork broth reserved from making the salted pork. Top with some toasted sesame seeds before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!