Oh My Garlic! Bread (Abm)
If you want to pinpoint any suspected vampires be sure to have this bread circulating at the next get together, it will do the trick better than Van Helsing. On the other hand if your a true garlic lover this one is for you. It makes a wicked grilled ham and cheese sandwich! The 10 min is just for the measuring and getting it into the machine, after that it's up to you and your bread maker and how you want to finish it. A beautiful braided loaf will take longer to make than letting it bake in the machine of instance.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use the regular kind, save the extra virgin for your salads and dips)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar if you prefer)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sweet basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried chives (or chopped fresh)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rise yeast
- Add ingredients according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set your machine for the Rapid, Delay, White or dough cycle and start.
- Add the herbs at the addition beep if you want them to remain reasonably whole.
- For the best flavor, serve this bread warm.
- If you choose the dough cycle you may shape it anyway you like, bale it on a standard 9x5 bread pan or shape the dough into buns for oven baking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Great bread, and simple to make, which I needed today, since we have colds here. I usually let the machine do the hard work and then bake it off in the oven, but decided to let the machine do it all. Made a perfect size loaf and went great with the chicken soup. Will be making this at Thanksgiving time also, since it would be perfect for a turkey sandwich!