- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
16 2x3-inch oatcakes
- Put oats into an electric blender and grind to a coarse flour consistency (more or less, according to your preference).
- Mix oats with baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Rub in butter until mixture is the texture of coarse crumbs.
- Stir in water to form a stiff dough.
- Pat dough evenly into a greased 9x13-inch pan (about 1/4 inch thick).
- Using a table knife, cut into 16 rectangular pieces. Prick all over with a fork, if desired. (Alternatively, chill, roll out, and cut into rounds.).
- Bake at 325 degrees for one hour.
- Cool in pan and break apart. Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've been baking since I was six years old...but I rarely go beyond the basics. I love recipes that are easy, predictable, and delicious! When I'm tired or a bit down, baking relaxes me and cheers me up. Since I'm maintaining a substantial weight loss (or trying to, anyway!), I can't put too many temptations before myself, so I try to do it when there are people around to enjoy the results. I love baking people happy!</p>