- Ready In:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (I used dates and used more than 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup granular fructose (or granulated sugar)
- Thoroughly grind rolled oats in food processor or blender.
- Mix with flour and baking powder.
- Chop dried fruit into small pieces. You could use apricots, raisins, dates, dried apples, dried cranberries, or anything else you like. (I used dates).
- In a separate bowl, "cream" together yogurt, fructose, honey, and vanilla.
- In yet another bowl, lightly beat egg white until it gets bubbly but not stiff.
- Fold egg white into the wet ingredients. Add dried fruit.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. The dough gets pretty stiff and is hard to mix. (I had to mix it with my hands.).
- Form into 12 patties.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes on non-stick cookie sheet. I flipped mine once halfway through and kind of pressed down on each one with a spatula to add to the hockey-puck look.
- Cool completely and store in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
bok bok, bok bok bok bok.