Not-$10-A-Dozen Chocolate Chip Cookies (Nancy B's Bakery Clone)
- Ready In:
- 8 1⁄2 ounces cake flour
- 8 1⁄2 ounces bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (specifically, Shop N Save house brand)
- 10 ounces light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 lbs semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars together.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- At a low speed add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, about 10 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips and mix as little as possible to evenly distribute.
- Chill dough if desired.
- Scoop 6, 3 1/2 ounce (the size of a racket ball) onto baking sheet lined with parchment. Lightly sprinkle top with sea salt and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes. Will spread to 5-6", so leave ample room. Cookies will still be soft, but beginning to brown.
- Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 12 minutes to cool (DO NOT REMOVE COOKIES).
- Transfer cookies to rack to complete cooling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It’s been a while since this recipe was posted. I think Nancy B’s cookies are up to $18 a dozen now! And worth every penny. However, I can’t always spend that and I’ve been wanting to try my hand at copying them. I am pretty impressed with this recipe! All though my cookies weren’t an exact replica, the slight differences were probably my mistake and not the fault of the recipe. For one thing I only had salted butter so that’s what I used. I didn’t weigh my flour and they spread a little more than the original. I think a little more flour and they would have been perfect! They are still superior to any other chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever had except Nancy B’s! I just want to add my husband didn’t care for the peanut butter in them. You definitely can taste it.