Northwest Grilled Flank Steak
photo by Hey Jude
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs beef flank steak, fat trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Rinse flank steak and pat dry; In a 1-gallon zip lock bag or large bowl, mix the soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, green onions, sesame seeds, garlic, pepper, and ginger; Add the steak, seal bag or cover bowl tightly, and chill, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- Lift steak from the bag and let drain briefly.
- Place meat on a grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or medium-high heat on gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 3 to 4 seconds); close lid on gas grill.
- Cook steak, turning occasionally to brown evenly, for medium-rare, 9 to 12 minutes, (still pink in center),Transfer steak to a platter and let stand 10 minutes, cut meat across grain into thin slanting slices,.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow! This is fabulous! Absolutely perfectly spiced and needs no changes. My family thought it was wonderful. I did add onion powder instead of the onions. I think next time I will some sort of fried rice to go with it. The meat was tender and juicy. Just remember to check it frequently so it doesn't overcook. I cooked this in my oven on broil--lowest setting. It took about 10 minutes. Sooo yummy.