Nonnie Luciano’s Old Country “Shrimp ‘n’
photo by bjtbtb
- Ready In:
- 1 -18 ounce roll prepared polenta
- 1⁄4 cup more for brushing polenta extra virgin olive oil
- 8 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1 lb large shrimp (shelled and cleaned)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (zest lemon first and set aside, then juice)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 16 ounces Ragú® Pasta Sauce (roasted garlic parmesan pasta sauce)
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley (dried)
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) container arugula
- 1. Set 2 racks in oven so that they are evenly spaced.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 3. Slice polenta into 8 equal slices. Brush lightly with EVOO on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and arrange on a second baking sheet. Sprinkle tops of each with 1t Parmesan Cheese. Place in oven on bottom shelf (checking occasionally to make sure that it browns to a golden brown but does not burn).
- 4. In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, ¼ c olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, chopped garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and ½ of zest. Spread out on a baking sheet.
- 5. Add pine nuts to a medium, preheated, dry saucepan over medium/high heat until lightly toasted, shaking frequently (around 3 minutes). Remove from pan and let cool. Set pan aside.
- 6. Heat 1 16-oz jar of Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan to a medium sauce pan over medium heat for around 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 7. While sauce is cooking, place shrimp mixture in the oven on the top shelf. Cook shrimp for 6 minutes and remove and cover with foil.
- 8. Check polenta and remove when golden brown.
- 9. Add basil, parsley, and chopped tomato to sauce and cook for another 5 minutes until herbs are fragrant and tomato is warmed but not cooked.
- 10. To plate, arrange two slices of polenta on each plate. Divide the arugula evenly over each plate. Add shrimp over polenta. Spoon Roasted Garlic Parmasean sauce on top and finish each plate by sprinkling remaining lemon zest and pine nuts on top. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!