Non-Traditional Potato Salad
A delicious potato salad that is not as crunchy as traditional potato salads. It also contains some items that are not normally in potato salads but really add to its wonderful flavor. This recipe comes from a combination of several potato salad recipes.
- Ready In:
- 8 large red potatoes (white potatoes may be used)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups mayonnaise (I use Kraft)
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (I use mild)
- Wash, peel and boil potatoes in salted water (about 1 tablespoon or less) until very tender. Place grated cheese in a big bowl. Add potatoes and toss. Let cool.
- Microwave the bacon until tender. Drain grease into a bowl and reserve. Crumble the bacon.
- Saute the onions in bacon grease until tender. Save the bacon grease.
- In a food processor process cream cheese, mayo, mustard, milk and bacon drippings.
- In the large bowl containing the potato/cheese mixture, combine the eggs, onion and bacon. Add the mayo mixture to potato mixture and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight before serving.