My Best Meatloaf
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs meatloaf mixture (pork, beef, veal)
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Gravy Master (or other browning sauce)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place bread in mixing bowl with milk, soak for a minute or two. Add breadcrumbs, beaten egg, Worcestershire sauce, gravy master, mustard, 3 T of ketchup, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Mash this all up into a paste.
- Add meatloaf mix; mix well and form into loaf.
- Mix tomato sauce and remaining 2 tbsp of ketchup together and pour on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this exactly as written. This was a very good flavorful moist meatloaf. I don't usually like ketchup poured over but mixed with the tomato sauce it was a nice addition. I did have a ton of grease come out of it though (I usually just use a leaner ground beef and not the meatloaf mix)so I just poured it off. It was not done at 40 minutes, I would increase the temperature to 375 and/or adjust the cook time. I would use this recipe again, but with the beef only and adjusted cooking time/temp. Thanks for another good meatloaf recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the best part of New Jersey,the Jersey Shore!. We cook a lot of seafood down here !. I started cooking from age 10,actually I made my first Turkey at 13 ,which aside from the fact I left the giblets in ,was pretty good!. I'm happily divorced and have a huge wonderful family!! I'm Blessed!