My Awesome Cottage Cheese Tomato Sandwich
Very filling, a low calorie comfort food that you can eat at any time of day. Recipe is easily doubled, trippled, etc. I like to make this in my toaster oven but it can easily be made in a toaster and a broiler or on a grill.
- Ready In:
- 1 slice light bread (40 calories per slice)
- 1 slice tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 pinch chili powder
- Set toaster oven on "toast" and place a slice of bread and a slice of tomato inside. After the bread is browned as much as you like it (I like mine VERY dark as you can see in the picture) flip it over. Leave the tomato.
- After the second side is done, take the tomato and bread out of the oven and set it to "broil.".
- At this step i also like to remove the skin from the tomato slice but that it optional. Place tomato on bread and spread cottage cheese on top. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Place under the broiler and broil until cottage cheese starts to melt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I like it on toasted sough dough bread. I toast the bread first, and then I spread it with a mixture of garlic butter and pesto, then add sliced tomato sprinkled with onion salt and then a good layer of cottage cheese and a liberal sprinkle of chilli powder. Then I grill it in the toaster oven for about 10 minutes util the cottage cheese if melted and the tomato softened. It's delicious and sometimes I sprinkle it with food yeast flakesReply
see 1 more