Mustard Stuffed Chicken
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Mix the cheeses and mustard together.
- Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast, then stuff with the mustard mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed chicken breast with 2 bacon rashers - not too tightly, but enough to hold the chicken together. Season, place on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Tip:If you want to use less bacon, stretch out four rashers using the back of a knife to make each one longer and thinner. Wrap just one around each chicken breast as before.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was delicious, Along with Lavender Lynn I made no attempt what so ever to make this low fat, (probably a complete through the lips on the hips moment, but well worth it.) I used 2 types of Gruyere a stronger and a Milder one as this is what I had on hand. It was soo goood the chicken was moist and tender and the cheesy filling was perfect. I made a lemon mustard sauce to accompany, although this was a nice touch, it was not needed as the chicken is so moist and full of flavour by itself. I served mine on a bed of celeriac mash and Recipe#304007 on the side an absolutely gorgeous meal. Thanks for sharing!!!
Rich and wonderful, festive looking, and the moist solid texture of the chicken meat is great! (I did not attempt to make this low-fat.) Much of the cheesy sauce ran out into the pan during cooking and we just spooned it back on, making a great topping for the fresh steamed broccoli we served with it. Made for OZ/NZ swap May 2008.