- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- Grease a baking tray.
- Place flour and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a large bowl and using fingertips, sub in 50 grams butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs (I would use a food processor and then transfer to a bowl) and then stir in 1/3 cup muesli.
- Add milk to flour mix and using a round bladed knife, mix until soft dough forms and using hands bring dough together in bowl to form a ball.
- Turn dough onto prepared tray and press dough out to 20cm (diameter) disc and sprinkle remaining muesli and sugar over top of dough.
- Using a sharp knife dipped in flour, mark 8 wedges in top of dough and then bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and scone sounds hollow when tapped lightly.
- Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes.
- Using markings as a guide, cut into wedges and serve with extra butter.
- INDIVIDUAL MINI SCONES - press dough out onto a floured surface to 2cm thick and using a small round pastry cutter, cut into rounds and place on a greased baking tray and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes (guesstimate) or until golden and have a hollow sounds when lightly tapped.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.