Muamba Nsusu - (Congo Chicken Soup)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 whole chicken, cut up, any parts, any amount
- 1 large onion, chopped
- palm oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (natural or homemade, containing only peanuts and salt)
- hot chili peppers or cayenne pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot with enough water for soup.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add the chicken and boil it until the meat is done and a broth is obtained.
- While the chicken is boiling, gently sauté the onion in several tablespoons of palm oil until the onion is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and remove meat from bones. (Save the broth and keep it at a low simmer.).
- Combine one cup of the chicken broth with the peanut butter and tomato paste and stir until smooth.
- Return the chicken meat to the broth and add the peanut butter-tomato paste mixture.
- Stir and continue to simmer until the soup is thickened.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"