Mrs. Robinson's Meltaway Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 40mins
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened and divided
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons water
- Combine cheese and 1 cup of the softened butter in a large mixer bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Add flour gradually, beating until dough forms a ball (add extra flour if dough doesn't form a good ball).
- Divide dough into thirds; wrap in wax paper and chill several hours.
- Roll each piece into a 9-inch circle on a lightly floured board.
- Combine remaining butter, sugar, cinnamon, and pecans; spread each circle of the dough with 1/3 of the sugar mixture.
- Cut each circle into 16 pie shaped pieces and roll each up tightly, beginning at the wide end.
- Place the pointed end down on a greased cookie sheet.
- Beat egg yolks and water together and brush on cookies.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400F about 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org