Moroccan Spiced Fish
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets, about 1 inch thick
- plain yogurt
- lemon wedge
- basil or mint (for garnish)
- Adjust the oven rack to 3 to 4 inches below the broiling element.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, oil, cumin, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- With a sharp knife, trim white or grayish fat from skin side and edges of each fillet.
- Rub the top of fillets with the spice mixture, then arrange on a broiler pan.
- Broil the fish, without turning it, until opaque in the center, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with dollops of plain yogurt, wedges of lemon and chopped fresh cilantro, basil or mint, if you like.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note