Spanish Moroccan Fish
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 olives, chopped
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 5 lbs tilapia fillets
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the oil, then cook and stir the onion and garlic, until slightly tender.
- Add the bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, olives, and garbanzo beans.
- Continue to cook until the peppers are slightly tender.
- Sprinkle the parsley, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and chicken bouillon over the vegetables.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Place the fish on top of the vegetables and add enough water to cover the vegetables. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 40 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great recipe! I was looking for a tilapia recipe that was not loaded with cheese and mayo or deep fried. This is it. I made it for company and it was a huge hit. Here are my modifications: I used more olives, dried parsley, used 2/3 of the spices and all of the vegetable with only 2 lbs of tilapia. I sauteed the vegetables and added the seasoning as the recipe says. Then I added 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce because I wanted it a bit saucier. I then put all the veggies in a pan and placed the tilapia on top. I sprinkled it with lemon juice, salt, pepper and some parsley. I also added a bit of water but it really didn't need it. I covered it and baked it until the tilapia was ready. I served it over couscous.