Morning Maple Muffins
photo by BLUE ROSE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cold
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, butter, syrup, sour cream, egg and vanilla.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, nuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 F for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.