Mom's Awesome Macaroni Salad- Enough to Feed a Crowd
photo by MHudson07
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 (5 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans baby shrimp, drained
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (divided)
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika, for garnish
- Cook elbow macaroni per package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- While the macaroni is cooking, chop the onion and seed and chop the cucumber.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Stir in the drained chunk light tuna,baby shrimp,chopped onion and chopped cucumber and mix all ingredients thoroughly. Chop 4 of the hard boiled eggs and add to the mixture. Stir in the drained elbow macaroni. This may seem to be "runny" initially but it firms up nicely as it cools. Slice the remaining 2 hard boiled eggs and place on top; garnish the top of the salad by sprinkling with paprika. Cover and place in the refrigerator and allow it to cool for at least 1-2 hours prior to serving; ideally chilling it overnight is better so the flavors can mingle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!