Molten Lava Cakes
photo by DoubleAs Mom
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease 6 (6-ounce) custard cups.
- Melt the chocolates and butter in the microwave, or in a double boiler.
- Add the flour and sugar to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the eggs and yolks until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Divide the batter evenly among the custard cups.
- Place in the oven and bake for 14 minutes.
- The edges should be firm but the center will be runny.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto dessert plates.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home mom of two wonderful little boys, Alex and Andrew. Cooking and Baking are my two favorite hobbies, and it's a good thing because I do it a lot!! My husband can be somewhat picky so when I find a recipe that he likes, it immediately goes into my "keeper" file. I'm a big believer in cooking healthy meals that are both good for you AND delicious. Don't get me wrong, I do love a good dessert, as you can see by my chocolate marshmallow brownie recipe!!! But everyone deserves to splurge every now and then. It's just all about moderation. I also enjoy staying fit by doing aerobics and yoga. I enjoy reading, hanging out with my family, boating and riding my bicycle. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">