Molten Lava Cakes - Gluten Free
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons flour (I use rice)
- butter, for coating ramekins
- sugar, for coating ramekins
- Preheat over to 400.
- Cover ramekins with butter and dust with sugar. (If you don't have ramekins, I've also made these in a silicone muffin tray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt.
- Mix these all the above mentioned together.
- Add the flour, whisk till combined (do not over-whisk).
- Bake at 10-12 minutes until a tooth pick inserted 1/2 inch from the side of the ramekin comes out clean.
- Take out of oven and let sit for 10 more minutes.
- You can dust them with icing sugar and serve with icecream and your favorite berries.
- I've also had fun and added Baileys or other flavored liquors. This recipe holds up great so experiment with it!
- These microwave well the next day!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"Started living the gluten free lifestyle about 1 year ago due to intolerance. I love cooking and baking, and don't eat of of boxes very often so it wasn't the biggest change...but I sure do miss some things! As well I am big into bread making, and have just started making my own pasta! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">"
Join The Conversation
Best I have ever made!!! I used King Arthur Gluten Free Flour blend. Also, I prepared it in 3 ramekins - baked at 400 for 10 minutes and only rested for 1 minute. They were PERFECT. However, the 3rd one was just sitting there begging us to finish it and in the time it took us to eat the other two it had continued to cook in the ramekin and was no longer gooey. So, for us it was literally a 1 minute rest "cool" for perfection..but it could be our oven. I used a 70% dark chocolate bar and sprinkled with powdered sugar. What I loved is that it wasn't overly rich like others I have made. Loved it and will definitely make again.