Molten Lava Cakes - Carob
- Ready In:
4 individual mini cakes
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease four oven-safe custard cups and place all four on a baking sheet.
- In a microwave-safe glass bowl, dump carob chips and margarine. Cook on high for 1 minute, and whisk until chips are completely melted and mixed with margarine.
- Add whole eggs and egg whites and whisk.
- Add icing sugar and stir.
- Add in flour and stir.
- Pour batter into custard cups. Using 1/2 cup dry measure scoop is helps make sure you get equal portions in each cup!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until sides are firm but centres are still fairly soft. Remove from oven and cool for 3 minutes. Carefully run small spatula around edges of cakes to loosen, then invert cakes onto dessert plates. Shake custard cup gently to loosen cake onto plate.
- If desire, sprinkle each cake with 1 teaspoons icing sugar and top with berries.
- Serve warm and enjoy! For leftovers (if there are any!), reheat in microwave 20-30 seconds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Flavor was light and refreshingly different from a heavy chocolate taste. Only issue we had was in the confusion between the ingredients list and the instructions. The ingredients speak of "2 eggs and 2 egg YOLKS" for a total of 4 eggs used. However, the instructions speak of "2 whole eggs and 2 egg WHITES". We couldn't decide which was intended so we ended up using 4 whole eggs which left us without any molten lava. We got mini-cakes instead. Albeit they were moist but we had a taste for the lava which didn't occur. I would've given it 5 stars if it turned out as expected (1 star for the ease of the recipe and 1 star for the flavor). A correction/update would be best from the author.