Moist Vegan Chocolate Cake
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine (Earth Balance Soy Free)
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and margarine.
- Add the boiling water and mix for 1 minute.
- Combine the egg substitute powder and 4 tablespoons water and mix for 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla and mix 1 minute more.
- Pour into a 10x13" glass baking pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've always loved cooking and baking, starting as a kid making barbeque sauces, cookies, and pies. My husband is allergic to eggs, milk, and soy, which adds a whole new dimension to cooking. Forget Iron Chef's secret ingredient! I love the challenge of baking and cooking without certain staples. It means a lot of trial and error, but a lot of satisfaction when a recipe works out!