"Mock-a-mole" (low fat guacamole)
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1 -2 ripe Hass avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -3 lemons, juice of or 1 -3 lime, juice of
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Thaw peas by running hot water over them in a strainer until they are bright green.
- Puree peas in food processor.
- Add 1/4 of one avocado, salt, and juice of one lemon or lime.
- Puree again and transfer to a bowl.
- Coarsely mash the remaining avocado (leave chunky) and stir in tomato and onion.
- Taste and add more salt/lemon to your taste.
- Stir in cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great idea! It's delicious and it really stretches out the guacamole. I've made it twice so far, the first time i used some chopped canned tomatoes, and the second time I used bottled salsa for the tomatoes. Left out the cilantro both times (though the salsa does contain cilantro...) Easy to make and really good with corn chips!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, where I work for an amazing non-profit organization, Sky Island Alliance. I have a very busy schedule, but I like to eat healthy, and cook as much as I can. My husband is a good sport about trying all pof my experiments. Lately it's been a lot of canning and fermenting.</p> 8724476"