Miss Lillian's Peanut Dessert
I got this recipe out of a band fundraiser cookbook when my son was in Jr.Band. The times listed are a guess. Cooking time doesn't include the 3-4 hour chill time.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip (from 9 oz. carton in 4th layer)
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (9 ounce) carton thawed Cool Whip
- grate dark chocolate, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Dessert contains 4 layers.
- 1st layer.
- Blend with pastry blender flour and margarine.
- Add chopped peanuts.
- Pat into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350*.
- Cool and set aside.
- 2nd layer.
- Cream peanut butter with cream cheese.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over first layer.
- 3rd layer.
- Blend milk and pudding mixes until smooth.
- Spread over 2nd layer.
- 4th layer spread over pudding.
- Grate chocolate to garnish.
- Chop 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts and sprinkle over top.
- Chill well.
- (At least 3to 4 hours).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Well, I could barely get a rating out of DH because he was so busy devouring this dessert. This recipe looks daunting, but once you get going it is very easy and quick. I used one bowl for everything. Non-fat cream cheese, sugar free/fat free Cool Whip and puddings. I used 2 chocolate puddings and a 12 oz carton of Cool Whip. Otherwise followed recipe exactly. I was a bit lazy at the end and just sprinkled some chocolate chips on the top. This makes a great presentation with the layers. Kudos to bullwinkle and Miss Lillian.1Reply