Peanut Blossom Cookies
photo by MirandaPen
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (unbeaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 18 ounces Hershey chocolate kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, soda and salt.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place balls on cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove half baked cookies from the oven, press one Hershey kiss into each.
- Return to oven and bake 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really liked that this was a butter not the regular shortening recipe. I followed the recipe exactly and found the cooking time a bit too long. I also had way more kisses left over even though I made really small balls. Next time I'll try doubling the dough and cooking 6 min instead. Still a good recipe.
This is the first time I've made this cookie although I have had them often. They were easy to make and tasted just great. I am going to try to freeze some and see how that goes. We ran out of kisses (I made a double batch and only had 11oz. of kisses) so we finished the rest off with mini reese's peanut butter cups. Those were so good I am going to use them next time. MMMmmmm!
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I currently reside in a quaint little town on Lake Erie. I spend most of my time caring for my three children (DH,DS,DD). My love of cooking comes from my deeply rooted southern upbringing. I love to entertain and people enjoy my vittles.