photo by charlie 5
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 50 -60 Andes mints candies, halved
- additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, and egg until fluffy.
- Melt chocolate chips and corn syrup together. When cool, add to butter mixture.
- Sift, flour, baking soda, and salt into the butter mixture. Mix well and chill dough for 2 hours.
- Roll 1/4 t of dough into a ball in the palms of your hands. Roll in granulated sugar. Place an even number of dough balls about 2" apart on a cookie sheet at a time. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Quickly flip half of the cookies over on the baking sheet and top with half of an Andes mint candy. Now quickly flip the other half of the cookies on top of the candy forming a sandwich.
- Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container or freeze to enjoy later.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My passions: faith, family, food, and anything family history related. Almost nothing I like more than to chase headstones of my dearly departed ancestors. I've been working on a family cookbook for almost 2 years. (Need to figure out how I want to actually print it.) Enjoy learning about how what I grew up eating relates to my ancestors from Croatia and Alsace primarily. Enjoy following and forming new traditions within the walls of my home. Some would say I lead a very boring and mundane life. I would say it's just what I ordered. I have the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom - which is what I truly love. Feel it's the best calling anyone could ever have. I've truly been blessed!